Wednesday, May 21, 2008

still working

on The Beast.

I may be taking Friday off and work more then.

So, for now, three aphorisms that I've made up over the years and have become part of my personal philosophy.

1) Make one or two very big, very costly mistakes and you get some good stories. Make a lot of tiny mistakes that cost little and you get a reputation

2) Do not dwell on either your victories or your defeats. If you dwell on your defeats, you'll never gain a victory; if you dwell on your victories, you'll never be prepared for defeat

3) Never wear shoes that you wouldn't want to run away from a bear while wearing.

I suppose I could make this a tag and see if anyone else has homemade aphorisms. If Swinebread, The Dean and Snabulus want to do this, go!

Listening to while posting: "Sleep Late" by Honey Barbara

2 comments:

ladybug said...

Hey, I like your aphorisms!....I'll check w/Snabby and see if he can do some too...

One my mom used to say "Well, it's better than a poke in the eye w/a blunt stick!"....I think of course it's supposed to be SHARP STICK...but again as she used to say,
"I sometimes get things BassAckwards.."

Arkonbey said...

I always thought many things are better a poke in the eye with ANY kind of stick; it's level of sharpness doesn't matter much.