First: Hey, Star Trek nerds! You know who you are! Go here and listen to this. It will prove to be cool later, trust me.
Secondly, I've been tagged with a sort of reward by the inestimable Dean Wormer. It means a lot to me, given the company he keeps. I shall treasure it always. Here it is, isn't it a thing of utter beauty?
1.You must brag about the award (done)
2.You must include the name of the blogger who bestowed the award on you and link back to the blogger (done and done)
3.You must choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design
4.Show their names and links and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog.
Last two are tough. This is the Blog Where Tags Go To Die. The people I get tagged by have more readers and invariably tag all the blogs I read. Hmm. Try these
a. Plaid Stallions (for those who grew up in the 1970s)
b. Polite Dissent (comic reviews with a medical perspective)
c. Jake Parker's blog (best robot drawings. ever)
d. Les McClane's blog (not well designed, but dang! can that guy draw!)
e. Dutchnid (Just a random guy from the Netherlands. Takes good photos, paints minis and posts recipes for really tasty Dutch baked goods).
f. Quit Your Day Job (An Australian comic nerd and artist. Fun stuff!)
g. last, but not least Becca (she has one already, I think, but it's such a good blog...)
5.List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself.Then pass it on with the instructions
Here we go:
1. I have twice accidentally nearly killed my sister. Once with a bicycle and once with bees. Both times I ran away. We've talked about it many times and she's okay with it and is all about letting me be the Cool Uncle™
2. I pretty much never, ever lie. If I have to, to protect someone's feelings, say, I feel weird for a long time afterwards
3. Mountain biking is as good as sex to me. A good ride will dissipate horniness. Also, I could ride with the hottest chick ever and it wouldn't matter; only the ride would matter (Notice how I did not give a preference, sex and riding are separate and equal)
4. The wind roars like a freight train around our house in bad weather and when it does I am close to panic when the trees wave like wheat.
5. I really hate my body. I'm in better shape now than in high school, but I still hate it. Of course, I was a Fat Kid™ then...
6. I am no good with hints. Back in college, Sweet Enemy started our dating process by basically grabbing me and kissing me after ignoring many, many, many hints.
7. I'm blowing off an old friend right now because that they are too needy and won't help themselves.
8. I enjoy being better than people at things. I won't ever rub their faces in it, but I will smile inside.
9. I feel really bad that my friend Mokie didn't come out for our apres wedding party. I haven't seen him in a decade and I think things have faded and that really bugs me
10. After reading this book I'd really like to try pot. In brownies, 'cause I hate smoking.
Thirdly: AndreZero is writing a new Obscure Tales story right now. I'll have a cover teaser up soon.
listening to while posting. Hmm. Nothing.