Monday, January 8, 2007

making up for lost time

Due to the holidays, I missed doing the last two IF challenges. So, I sat down twice today and did two quick sketches to take care of my self-designated obligation. The first one I missed was 'PEACE'. I immediately thought of my fiance who, instead of sitting her regular Zazen at my old aikido dojo, ran herself ragged at Christmastime.



The other I missed was 'PHOENIX'. There were a lot of cliches available: an actual firey bird; the ship from Battle of the Planets, or Jean Grey. I decided to go with a lesser known cliche. I am still new to digital coloring and haven't quite got the feel of the tablet yet. I am no guache expert by any means, but there is a feel to moving paint that digital coloring doesn't have.




So, these aren't finished illustrations, I know that, but it's the thought that counts, right? Right?

1 comment:

Arkonbey said...

Am I the only one who got this idiot? Has he got some kind of 'comment bot', was it random, or was he specifically targeting me?

It's rather like Borat only with the grain of satiric humor surgically removed along with a large part of the region of the brain that controls reasoning. A good deal of the language centers appears to be degraged as well.

I don't know what is more disturbing: if this person truly believes this, or they are just trying to get a rise out of everyone and expending a whole lot of energy for no real purpose.