First the art:
As I said last post, I've been listening to old sci-fi radio dramas and they've inspired me to crack open my old golden age sci-fi compilations. I really enjoy the ones that were decidedly un-edgy, hopeful and humorous. Many of these humorous ones features Twilight Zone-esque twist endings, so I decided, as an experiment, to pick a short story and attempt to condense it down to a single standard-size comic page. The story is Allamagoosa by Eric Frank Russell. The story won a Hugo and is very funny. I don't think I did it justice, but it works. Read the full story here. It's a very good read.
Here's the work:
Secondly I've been tagged by swinebread.
Here are the rules:
- Each player starts with eight random facts about themselves.
- Those who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight facts and post these rules.
- At the end of the post, choose some people to get tagged and list their names.
1) I was a hoist operator on HH-3f helicopters in the U.S. Coast Guard. I got out after 9 years because the
new HH-60J helos that replaced the H-3s made me very airsick.
2) I really enjoy the taste of prune juice.
3) I am more physically fit now than I was in high school
4) I find a good mountain bike ride as satisfying as sex
5) I hate my own artwork within minutes of finishing a piece
6) Arkonbey is not a name I created. A very good friend of mine once told me that it was the name he gave his 'minifig' alter ego when he played legos as a kid. I have his permission to use the name.
7) With the exception of a short trip to Tijuana, I have never been off of the continent of North America
8) I have a crush on Queen Latifah (and my fiance approves)
That's it. And, so I tag AndreZero, demosthenes, and Kick Enemy Men (if he ever decides to stop playing WoW and update)
Listening to: X-minus One Radio Drama: "Jaywalker"