Tuesday, October 14, 2008

That time of year again

Suns of Charybdis is temporarily on hold. Why? It's time for the 24 Hour Comic Day!

That's right, this weekend at Artists' Mediums (the art supply store that Sweet Enemy assistant-manages), we'll be drawing comics and not sleeping*. With my pushiness guidance, SE got the whole thing going. She goaded her team into getting the nearby pizza place to donate two pizzas. They approached the Vermont Sandwich Company and it turns out the owner wants to participate (more food than if he didn't, natch.). Sadly, the super-precocious kid you might have seen last year won't be participating. According to his dad it knocked him for a loop; they'll be visiting, though.

Last year was fun and challenging and I'm curious and nervous about what I'll make. You see, last time I'd only completed one, single comic (the Mr. Twilight episode). Now, I've got a few under my belt. Will they help? Who knows! The quality will be... mediocre at best. Last year's started mediocre and went downhill fast. I bit off more than I could chew working full 11" x 17". Dumb. Here's pages two and three to show what 24hrs looks like. It's called "Villain's Day Off":






I'd like to say I'd at least be twittering, but there's no wireless available at the store (gods, I'm spoiled!). But, since I'll be working smaller, I'll post what I get. There might also be some photos of our degrading group.

Listening to while posting: "Stay Away" by Red Pocket

* My friend Mokie made up a great word well over a decade ago and I'd like to spread it. The word is 'micker'. It is that feeling you get when you are so exhausted that you can't sleep and just act like an idiot; babbling, jumping around, singing. There is a nearly 100% chance that all of us will be micker in one way or another.

4 comments:

Thomas Fummo said...

I want one of the flying-scooter thingies those cat-people are piloting.

I could have endless fun knocking people over with them.
oh yessir I could.
*is one sick kid*

quality schlik fantasto, as always, chum.

Don Snabulus said...

Wow, that year went quick. It is time to crank up already for 24CD. Amazing.

I guess this means you're going to get all mickered up. Well, good.

I hope it goes well.

ladybug said...

Can't wait to hear about it! I loved the pics and info from last year....and hopefuly we'll get to see some of the work you will do?

Swinebread said...

I like those pages a lot.

They remind me of some of the sci-fi comics I enjoyed back in the 80s.

There is some Zot in there too