Sunday, February 8, 2009

Suns update

Wow. We're really trucking. Almost done. We're so close that I'm going to hold off updating until all the pages are ready. I think this is becoming SOP.

In other news, I spent a few hours yesterday and today airbrushing the main coat of paint on my current mode. Then I coated it with Future floor polish. This is a standard method of adding a gloss coat to the model so that decals will adhere properly. It's supposed to be self-leveling and dry evenly with no brush marks. This time, that was so not true and the paint job was now sub-par. I debated washing the paint off, but then fate made my decision for me when I accidentally knocked over the big bottle of future on my desk, myself, my floor (and, yes, it was carpet not lino.) and the cowling for the model. So, after a few hours of work, I then spent a half-hour washing the paint off of the plane. Luckily (?) this was sort of easy as it came off with Windex.

Still. It sucked.

This was on top of Saturday when I ran my car pretty low on oil by forgetting a leak that must have gotten worse. Joy. I only checked because the CHECK ENGINE light came on and began flashing and I had pretty massive hesitation when accelerating.

Here's hoping it isn't too bad. I added oil and it didn't seize up when I re-started it. That should be good, right?

Listening to while posting: "Alarm Call" by Bjork (which, according to Bjork, rhymes with 'jerk')
So, how was your weekend.

2 comments:

Don Snabulus said...

I admit to being a copious exclaimer of expletives when such things (spills, needs to doover, etc) occur to me. I am not proud of it, but there we are.

I will cross fingers on the oil situation. I have a car like that too.

The comic tensions is building. I am excited about the upcoming conclusion!

Word verification - iNefu, companion to iNees.

Dean Wormer said...

I'm no mechanic but I'm pretty sure a car needs oil. What it doesn't need are bananas. I found that out the hard way.

Like the modelling stories. Sorry about the mess.