I spent a couple of hours today working on copying a photo to try to get a grip on wrinkles on clothing. I can feel how it should go naturally, I can nearly understand how things would work on a pose I made up. Not quite, though. Something is missing and I still need more work on it.
Here's the picture, though. It's a portrait of Anke-Eve Goldmann in her winter riding gear. I'm not posting the original image as my mistakes (the eyes are a bit high on the face, for example) would be more glaring, but I am linking to it in case you think I've traced. Of course, that would assume that you thought it was too good ;)
First in pencil:
I then traced the pencil, transferred it to Bristol and inked it with a Pigma Micron 01:
I then scanned the inked image and colored it digitally:
There are a good deal of things that need work on this, but there are enough good moments to keep me going. More drapery to follow.
Listening to while posting: "B&S" by The Bobby Hughes Experience