Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Beast: Updated

The Beast at 10,000 Feet

Updated Page: 21

It's a bit chilly here tonight. About 40 deg F. Almost started up the woodstove again, but didn't. We're counting down to the climax. Hoo, boy!

Personal thing. Two years ago, I tried to get my friend KickEnemyMen into mountain biking. I re-built my old bike and gave it to him (with a suh-weet 1998 Marzocchi Z2 on the front!). He hardly rode it and when he came up here to ride last summer, I may have pushed him too hard. He may come around, but until then, he bought one of these cool things! Definitely not an offroad machine, but he can commute on this thing and it's easy on the back. Hopefully, I'll be heading over to the Right Portland next weekend to help him put it together.

Listening to while posting: "Knock-down, Drag-out War" by Weezer

4 comments:

ladybug said...

Counting down is right!

As for the bike, there are several folks that like that form...and it IS easier on the back.

The only thing I don't like about them is it's even harder for motorists to see you..

Swinebread said...

The right Portland rather than the left? Heh heh!

Sorry I haven't been putting comments on your blog!

I feel like a real heal about it. There has just been a lot going on. I really like what you're doing with the best at 10,000 feet. keep up the good work!

LB- that's why you put a tall shiny flag on it.

Don Snabulus said...

A couple neon orange and green confederate flags can alert and revolt drivers on the left and right (and the Left and the Right).

Good stuff on p21!

I am riding an eBike so I can ride several miles without killing my knees on steep hills or frequent starts. When my knee gets back in shape, I will get back to my regular street bike (I hope).

Arkonbey said...

LB:
Swine is right about the flag. I'm also getting my friend a red LED flasher as a birthday present.

Swine: no, biggie, man, you've been too busy going to cool comic things (grrr).

I was/am looking forward to your impressions of The Beast.

Snab:Or to really confuse things: a rainbow flag and a confederate flag.

I got bad knees, too (riding big hills and practicing aikido). A (real) doctor recommended taking glucosamine. That and some extra muscular training has really helped me.

Nothing wrong with an e-bike; it is still emission-free!