Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Unamed comic update

unnamed comic

Pages added: 7 and 8

Had to day off, ostensibly to take my car to the mechanics ($509.82 for exhaust leak, seasonal tire swap, brake job and oil change). Spent most of the rest of the time drawing. In addition to today's update, have two penciled for inking tomorrow and one more laid out.

I'm a bit worried that this may be slow getting to the action, but I feel I need to show character relationships in order for this to work. Thoughts?

Listening to while posting: For All We Know by Nat King Cole

2 comments:

Don Snabulus said...

I guess it depends a bit on your intended pacing. The plane landing took several frames. However, doing one or two frames and having the landing gear make a "fluff" type sound would have sufficed for saving space for other stuff.

The wait on the tarmac was accomplished in one row by using the quad split which I found to be compact and effective. Also, the perp walk had a frame or two that could have been cut possibly.

If you wanted to speed the action, you could do it but it needs to be weighed against the dramatic effect you might lose.

This is where my newbie perspective loses some value. I'm not sure which is better.

Arkonbey said...

Snab: another great crit. Thanks.

You're right about some panels that could be cut out. The thing is, I don't have enough experience to know which ones,yet.

With the landing, I know that they'd go to the end of the runway, then pull off near the FBO; but do most viewers? Would they think "where are they?".

With the bad guy intro, I was thinking (perhaps a tad too much) cinematic. I tried, but could not think in any other way, so I couldn't get him to the plane quickly.

So, the 'what to show/ what to not show' concept is something I need to work on. Big time.