Saturday, December 16, 2006

HELP!

This is my first ever post for Illustration Friday. It is also single panel from a comic* I'm working on. It's tentatively called "Dead-evac" and is based on actual events in my life. SInce discovering graphic design and typography, I haven't done much drawing other than thumbnails for the past six years, but I decided to start up with a vengence. This comic has been pushing my skills to their limits but I've found that drawing is a bit like lifting weights: if you do it every day, you'll see results. While I'm not ready to submit to Flight yet, I can literally see imprvements since this summer (this was started two weeks ago).

I wasn't planning on scanning any of this in until it was entirely inked, but I wanted to post on IF. I plan to make this my IF web presence (I refuse to say 'blog'; a word for which my abhorence is only surpassed by 'webinar'). So, without further delay:


3 comments:

Clau said...

Nice style, I like that not everything its colored.

Jeannetto said...

I say "Sketchblog" that way I dont feel like a nerd. Um, maybe, no, I am still a nerd! But nice work, I hope you keep posting on IF.

<3jeannette
www.JimmyJaneSays.com

Arkonbey said...

Interesting CLAU. The post was actually an in-progress panel, but I think I may try the minimal color thing. Perhaps bringing in the orange of the stripe and nose of the helicopter as well as the blue.