Wednesday, November 28, 2007

stuff and other things

Still working on some production design for the comic that andrezero is writing. It's a cool story, I hope I've got the chops to do it justice.

Here's a sketch of another character. His name is Jackson Cort. I should have a turnaround posted this weekend.



He's loosely based on this guy:


Do my photo-reference drawing skills allow you to discover his identity?

Also, I've decided to do a drawing to submit to the bbww blog . It's in progress and was done with the same stupidly painstaking process as my The Crane Wife. I'm currently taking critiques on pose, anatomy, style, expression and stylization. Begin.



Listening to while posting: "Disillusion" by Badly Drawn Boy from 'the Hour of the Bewilderbeast'

3 comments:

Andre Messier said...

I know there have been many iterations of WW and they've all been slightly different. My favorite would be the one from the Cartoon Network Justice League cartoons. I liked how they made her a cross between girl-next-door and prom-queen, if that makes any sense...

Anyway, to your drawing, I don't really like her expression. She seems either smug or evil. and you forgot to color in her gold belt! I'd also recommend adding a lasso...

Swinebread said...

Jackson Cort reminds me a little of Airboy, only now he's Airman...

as for the photo reference. I'm not recognizing him, although he looks familiar like a cross between Jack "Cadillac" Tenrac and Bruce Campbell.

The whole bbww blog is a little freaky but hey that’s what the net is for right?
Her expression doesn’t look smug to me but rather that she’s ripped a big one. You decide if that’s good or bad.

Arkonbey said...

Andrezero:you're half-right about the belt. It is sometimes white, but not with the "WW" bustier-thing. I like the Darwyn Cooke WW myself.

Swinebread: BBWW is freaky, but hey, Mike Wieringo did two and he was the bomb! It is also less creepy than a theoretical Fat Aquaman Blog ((shiver)).

And I was going for smug, but now that you mention the ripping, I must change it:(

And my rendering skills need work: It's supposed to be Henry Rollins.