Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Beast: Updated

The Beast at 10,000 ft

Updated page: 25

Been a while, yes?

I've been working on Sweet Enemy's site for the past couple of days. I have to support her in becoming a full-time painter. Not just because that is what she wants to be, but because she promised to buy me a helicopter after her one-woman show at the Guggenheim.

There is a missing sound effect in this piece. The largest panel should have a juicy, but also subdued sound effect, but I couldn't come up with a good one. The best I could come up with was "RUTCH", but I don't think it works. Suggestions?

Also, would all you who've been following this prefer the page-by-page update notices, or would you like me to wait until the whole thing is done?

Also an update to the 'six questions' post. I'm only doing it because my dad actually emailed me to correct something (and I'm just pretty happily surprised he actually reads my blog). Apparently, I didn't live in Brookline, but in Brighton.

Also, also, met a potential freelance client at the local independent bookstore. Had an espresso. It as 7:30 pm. I loves me my bitter strong coffee, but wayyy too late. It's midnight EDT and I'm not sleepy. No big deal if it were Friday, but...

Listening to while posting: "Mr. State Trooper" by Cowboy Junkies (a cover song made their own in the same way that Jimi made 'Watchtower' and SRV made 'Voodo Chile' their own)

4 comments:

ladybug said...

You're just going to prolong this torture as long as possible aren't you? Great page!

Swinebread said...

Prefect. The last 2 panels remind me of what Scott McCloud says in Understanding Comics about the reader participating in the death. The reader’s completes the grisly murder in their mind even though it hasn’t actually been depicted. You lead the readers to the cliff, but we jump off, we’re not pushed. That shows an excellent understanding of comic story structure. Bravo!

Dean Wormer said...

I'm guessing that guy doesn't make it.

He had to split.

He was torn between staying or going.

He was of two minds on what to do.

Half of him said "fight" and half of him said "run."

Now he can introduce himself as his "better half."

He finally understood the phrase "two heads are better than one."

I'm such a cut up.

Arkonbey said...

LB: Trust me, it'd be worse if I posted one at a time

Swine: Thanks. I figure that six or seven readings might give me a nugget of success every now and then.

'course you've jinxed me now.

Dean: Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Please stop. Ow. Ow.