Friday, October 29, 2010

no art, but an Halloween Anecdote

While looking for a new design job, I work part time at a small, independent toy store and this happened just this afternoon. A woman came up to the counter to pay for a fake beard. She then asked if we had any top hats. I told her we didn't and asked her what the costume was going to be.

"Oh," she said, rather proudly, "my six year old daughter wants to go as Abraham Lincoln!"

"No way!" I eloquently replied

"Really, she wants to say 'four score and seven years ago... Trick Or Treat!' She though of this costume all by herself."

As she was walking out, I mentioned that she could make her daughter a little Emancipation Proclamation.

"Yeah!" she replied, "She could say 'Hey, I freed the slaves, give me some candy!'"

listening to while posting: a replay of last year's Halloween hit: Under the sun:







1 comment:

Don Snabulus said...

Either reply is a great one. I guess the kids in our neighborhood are getting older. We had fewer kids this year. None had a witty Trick or Treat, but they were all cute in their costumes.